Samburu National Reserve is one of the 56 protected areas in Kenya. Samburu is famous north of the equator because of the richness of flora and fauna; Samburu National Reserve is lying on the flood plains and bottom land of Waso Nyiro drainage system in the Great Rift Valley. Samburu rises to an altitude of 2785 ft. above sea level and covers an area of 390kms square.
Day 1 Nairobi/Airport-Samburu.
Depart from your Nairobi hotel/Airport, drive north east through the green Kenya high lands for 6 hrs,passing the zero degree line(equator) with Mt.Kenya on sight to arrive in time for lunch and check in, rest up to 16:00 hrs. The time to explore for the unique wildlife, the gravy zebras, kudus, giraffe gazelles, lions, leopards, elephants among others. Dinner and overnight at the camp/hotel, travel time is between 5 hrs-6hrs.
After breakfast check out with game drive en route and proceed to Abardares country club for check in and lunch, later in the afternoon you are transferred to the Ark hotel in Abardare National park for night overstay, the animals come close to the hotel for water and salt leak, hence you can photograph from hotel balcony. Dinner and overstay at the ark.
Depart to Nakuru after breakfast arriving with a small game in time for lunch and check in, relax up to 16:00 hrs. Time for afternoon game drive.Rothchild giraffe, white rhinos, and abundant birds life seen here.Dinner and overstay at the camp/hotel.
Day 4 L.Nakuru-MasaiMara.
Early breakfast then check out and proceed to masaimara through Narok town to arrive in time for lunch, check in then rest up to 16:00 hrs. When you go out to search for the big five among other wildlife residents of this vast plain. Dinner and overstay at the camp/hotel.
Day 5 MasaiMara.
Leave the camp/hotel at 07:00 hrs. After breakfast with packed lunch, this gives the opportunity to see much wildlife with a visit to Mara River and enjoy picnic in the open plain of the park. Dinner and overstay at the camp/hotel.
Day 6 MasaiMara-Nairobi.
After breakfast check out and proceed back to Nairobi arriving by 13:00 hrs. Lunch at carnivore restaurant then transfer to your respective hotel or drop off to the airport to catch your flight back home.
……………End of your safari……………
• Park fees (for non-residents)
• All activities (unless labeled as optional)
• Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
• Drinking water
• All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
• Roundtrip airport transfer
• A professional driver/guide
• All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- Accommodation on the day before the tour departure
- Accommodation on the last day
- International flights (from/to home
- Hot air balloon safaris USD 450 pp
- Masai Village visit USD 30 per person
- Tips to the guide
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc n
Pricing information for this safari:
USD 2637 PP While staying at:
- Samburu Lodge at Samburu Game reserve.
- The Ark at Abardare National Park.
- Mara Leisure Camp at Masaimara.
Vehicle: 4×4 safari van with pop up roof.
For the safari jeep(Land cruiser) an extra cost Per day applies.